TIMING CHAIN HELP - MGA 1600

To: mglist <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TIMING CHAIN HELP - MGA 1600
From: Rick Brown <mgrick@mgcars.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 18:40:51 -0400
I put a new timing chain, tensioner and camshaft plate on the engine - I now
find that it is very hard to turn the engine at least a LOT harder than it was
before. Is this normal or did I do something wrong?

Following instructions in Haynes - I turned the crankshaft so that the keyway
was facing up and turned the camshaft so that it was in the 2 oclock position,
lined up the two dots on the sprockets, and put them on. Took a little fiddling
to get the keyways lined up but it did go on. The two sprockets seem to line up
correctly - without shims - there were none when I took them off.

Any advice appreciated.

Rick

---------   http://www.mgcars.org.uk/mgcouncil
---------   http://mywebpages.comcast.net/brown409/