negative battery cable placement

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: negative battery cable placement
From: William Killeffer <wkilleff@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 11:08:41 -0400
Hello listers,
I installed a Group 26 battery in the battery box behind the passenger seat
of my 74 MGB. Previously, the battery had been in the trunk and an extension
had been made to run the original positive battery cable into the trunk. I
put the positive cable back to rights and hooked up what I thought was the
negative cable but nothing happened. I jury-rigged a negative cable using
the connector for the fuel pump bracket. Is this safe? Also, where does the
real negative cable go? I couldn't get under the car well enough to find it
and it was getting dark.
Thanks,
William Killeffer
1974 MGB