RE: I've had enough.....

To: "Jerry Erbesfield" <jerbesfield@mindspring.com>,
Subject: RE: I've had enough.....
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:19:45 -0400
Folks at world,

THE WINDOWS 95 QUESTION SAGA

As the instigator of this fiasco I am compelled to say something.  I keep
my emails to the list to a minimum.  I only ask for help after I have tried
manuals and the search engines. I do not ask "my car goes burp, beep,
sh'doung and then clack" and neither do I pour scorn on those that do.  At
club meetings I ask people about beer, holidays, the health of their
grandmas and I am never told to keep on the car subject only.  The list is
for those dedicated to the MG and as such maintain a high level of
subjectivity.  But for god's sake let's have a little bit of humanism.  I
asked the Win question after trying all sorts of things because the list is
remarkable in offering assistance to ANY member with ANY question.  If
listers want to be so blistering picky then we should slam anyone who asks
a question that can be found in print somewhere - like an obscure manual on
electrical components.  Greg was helping me and wanted to put the same
information out to others with the same problem - and guess what? There was !!

Criticize those who waste space with piddling comments and replies but to
scorch someone sending out advice ..........that is just ridiculous.

Greg, stay with us we need you as a friend first, MG chap next, and then as
a Windows guru.

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson - barrier@bconnex.net