Re: TD Heat shield / Vapor Lock

To: Lew Palmer <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Subject: Re: TD Heat shield / Vapor Lock
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:02:19 -0500
This may be my problem.

I just finished making my own heat shield on Sunday and it didn't seem
to do any good. Looking that the pictures in the catalogs, mine is a bit
smaller at the back end of the engine. That may be a problem.

But if I remember correctly, my last tank of gas came from Holiday, with
their Blue Planet brand.

So Lew, what gas should we get up here in Minnesota? I ask this trying
NOT to start the gas thread again, that went through just a month ago.
I usually go to Mobil, Super America or Holiday. I guess I haven't paid
attention to whether the vapor lock was better or worse with different
brands.

Reformulated is only mandated in the winter here, right?

Paul.
'77B