Pop goes 1st Gear

To: mg-t@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Pop goes 1st Gear
From: "Scott Allen" <scottinarl@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 11:22:26 -0400
Hi,

Subject says it.  This is happening on my '52 TD.

If I put some pressure on the shifter in 1st it doesn't do it, nor does it
do it in reverse.

The car has 1,500 miles on it since restoration and the tranny has 2k on it
since it was re-built.

Problem is that my old tranny did the same thing until it exploded,
(literally.  It looked like a stick of dinamite was shoved down the cluster
gear).

I'm thinking a re-build is in order, (again) but I'm wondering what causes
this to happen so I can emphasize it to whomever I have do the work.

Thanks in advance,

Scott Allen
52 TD, (sans 1st gear)
74 1/2 BGT