Re: Doing diagnostic work with a remote starter switch

To: "Andy Drake" <adrake@mail.ru>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Doing diagnostic work with a remote starter switch
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 16:34:28 +0100
Unless you have a very early car I would use the button to operate the
starter relay rather than the solenoid, which takes quite a lot of current.
This would be the white/red as previously mentioned from ignition switch to
relay.  The relay to solenoid is white/brown, except on late cars with an
ignition relay when it seems to have reverted to white/red.  I would pick up
the purple (fused) on the fusebox rather than the brown, just in case of
slip-ups ...

The ignition only need be on if you want sparks and fuel.