RE: VIN numbers

To: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: VIN numbers
From: "Jason F. Dutt" <mgs@duttenterprises.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 11:02:47 -0400
Indeed, The Claussager book helps us once again on this one.  Without the
book in my hand, I'm not sure what years correspond to these locations, but
various cars had numbers stamped into the body in one of three places (or
none):

1) Passenger side floorboard
2) Inside the boot (trunk)
3) Passenger side front chassis member...the one the front crossmember bolts
to.  It would be on the inside, near where your starter motor resides.