leaking fuel sender

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: leaking fuel sender
From: Aubrey Schneider <aschneider@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 07:55:52 -0700
I sent this recently but had no responses on how to fix the problem, so
here goes again.

Hello all, Some time ago 'bout 4 months I attempted to remove the fuel
gauge(thanks Denver) unit. I only succeeded in breaking a flange or
dingus, as typical
neophytes do. One of the listers, responded to my plea for help by
explaining the correct way to remove the unit & then cautioned me, that
it may start leaking gas.

Well, that's what's happening now. I had noticed that I was using a lot
of gas recently & now I know why.

My question is, does anyone know of any product that I can use to
temporarily halt the leak. I am just not able to do the sender at this
time, being really involved with other projects. I thought of a silicone
but I think that would fall apart as soon as it makes contact with the
gas.

Anyone has any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Aubrey 75 B (where summer has yet to show its face. All we've had is
rain, rain & more of the same. Top down motoring? no!)