Re: MGB shakes between 55-65

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB shakes between 55-65
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 12:35:24 -0500
I have the thing going on. I rebuilt the suspension in June so,
it's either I didn't pack the wheel bearing well enough or balancing
the wheels. I'll be taking it in for the balance RSN. My tires are
pretty old and hard, so I'm pretty sure they're the problem.

Fingernails dirty? I generally get head to toe dirty! :-)

But I gotta echo Allen here. Suspension isn't so scary. The master
kingpin set has pre-reamed bushes so that saves you a bunch, or
get the kingpin/axil combo, for a quick and easy swap out.

Or, apparently, you can go to Chicago and Barney will do it for you. :-)

Start with the wheels balance. Or even quicker, rotate the tires and
see if the shimmy changes, that will pretty much confirm the balance
thing. Since the rears are going to be out of balance differently from
the fronts.

Paul.

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd, Fl 1S         PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155