Re: MGB shakes between 55-65

To: "Kevin Shertz" <kshertz@bellatlantic.net>,
Subject: Re: MGB shakes between 55-65
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:19:02 +0100
If the vibration is felt at the steering wheel then front wheel balance or
possibly bearings is the likely cause.  I had this for the life of one set
of tyres, never could get rid of it by repeated balancing, no problem before
or since.

If it is in the body it could be rear wheels balance (try swapping front to
rear), shock absorbers (any corner, do a bounce test).  IME prop-shaft
problems can be felt at the gearlever, possibly even visibly moving around.