"Ice Blue" Top Fabric

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: "Ice Blue" Top Fabric
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 13:16:52 -0700 (PDT)
Has anybody seen an "ice blue" top on an MGA?  I'm trying
to get the original colors for my 1500, and British Heritage
says it was Glacier Blue with black interior and Ice Blue
top.  Scarborough Faire sells MGA tops in blue, but they are
dark blue like the MGB tops.  Looking at the original
sales brochure "First in a New Line..." there is a dark
blue or black car with a light blue top on it.  The colors
are pretty hard to pin down due to the period lithography
(did they even have Pantone chip sets back then?) but it
looks like sort of a robin's-egg blue.  But since Glacier
Blue is a turquoise color, I'm assuming there must be
some green in Ice Blue somewhere so the two won't clash.

Can anybody help?  What color *is* Ice Blue?  Thanks!

--
David Breneman                   |  "Advice is somethin' the
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst  |   other feller can't use,