RE: MGB died, starter wont turn

To: "'Geoffrey Gallaway'" <geoffeg@geoffeg.org>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGB died, starter wont turn
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 11:11:13 -0700
Geoffrey:

This sounds like a text book case of run-down battery.  Check your battery
voltage.  I will lay odds it is fully discharged.  The car spluttering,
dying, then the starter not turning are pretty clear symptoms.

You may have bad battery connections, bad alternator, internally shorted
battery etc, etc.

If the battery tests out ok, then I'm off base and someone else may have a
better suggestion.

Kelvin

ps.  Always include the year of your car.