Re: Brake master cylinder

To: GLOtterbein@YoungInds.com
Subject: Re: Brake master cylinder
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:53:57 -0400
Gerald,
  My advice is to forget about trying to rebuild it if it's a dual-line
non-servo MC.  They are, for some reason, a real pain to rebuild and
rebuilds are all to frequently unsucessful.
  When I asked the same question a few years ago, most list members gave
me that advice. I thought, what the heck, I've rebuilt a dozen MCs, I can
do this.   Three kits later, I had an MC that worked the brakes. It
leaked.
  Buy a new one. Fooling around with multiple rebuildings takes too much
of your time.
Bob
'72 MGB-GT