Re: Abingdon Summer Party - schedule update

To: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Subject: Re: Abingdon Summer Party - schedule update
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 06:37:07 -0500
At 09:35 PM 8/14/02 -0500, Bullwinkle wrote:
><<<snip>>>
>7:00pm-10:00pm  Dinner
>          Guests: John Twist and Peter Thornley
><<<snip>>>
>
>My guess is this Peter Thornley is John Thornley's son.
>
>.... John Thornley was the GM of MG from 1952 to 1969, .... was
>instrumental in starting the MGCC and was still on its board into the
>1990s. ....
>
>If this is THE Peter Thornley then ... Those that are within a reasonable
>distance really should make an effort to attend.

Correct on all fronts.  This is indeed THE Peter Thornley, son of THE John
Thornley, long term GM of MG.  This will be a very interresting evening,
and I'm sure the floor will be open for questions.  I am going to enjoy
this.  Hope to see as many as you there as possible.

I happen to have in my hand a book by John Thornley, Maintaining The Breed,
a very informative and entertaining story about the saga of MG racing cars.

Barney Gaylord
Editor and Webmaster
Chicagoland MG Club
http://www.chicagolandmgclub.com