Re: U joint removal

To: <BarrMark262@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: U joint removal
From: "Martin C. Libhart" <libhart@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 23:31:47 -0500
Get a large C-clamp - mine is 8" - and a socket of the size that is slightly
less in diameter than the u-joint cap.  Place C-clamp around u-joint, with
the socket on one of the caps, and crank the clamp until the cap starts to
be driven into the yoke.  Then flip the set-up and drive it back the other
way, continuing this until it is adequately loose for full removal.

Martin
72 MGB/GT