Re: Weirdo electrical problem

To: tab@penworks.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weirdo electrical problem
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:21:21 EDT
In a message dated 8/19/02 8:41:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tab@penworks.com
writes:

> I know there's a sort of incestuous relationship between the horn, cig
> lighter, and interior lights - I think they're on the same quasi-circuit -
> and I know a bad turn signal relay can do weird things, but can it affect
> the others?

- - - - - - - - -

Check that the fuses aren't corroded in the fuse block.  I had a similar
problem with my Midget.  I just touched the correct fuse and everything came
back on.

Take the fuses out, clean the contacts with one of those little fiberglass
brushes they use to clean paint chips (available at fine auto parts stores
everywhere, and Pep Boys, too).  Then clean the ends of the fuses the same
way.  While you are there, make sure the wires are clean and tight.  That
should fix it for a while.

I replaced my Lucas fuse block with a new Littelfuse block that has 5
circuits and uses modern spade fuses.  (Again, from Pep Boys.)  An easy fix
for a driver, but it won't please the concours judges!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'75 Midget "The Project"