Re: Weirdo electrical problem

To: "S Twigg" <seanan@crosslink.net>, "'Tab Julius'" <tab@penworks.com>,
Subject: Re: Weirdo electrical problem
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 22:37:26 -0500
Tab,
I've  had the pretty much the same problem. I finally pulled the radio and
the DPO had wired the radio into the heater switch by just removing some
insulation, and "sticking" the radio wire into the other bare wire and
wrapping this with MASKING TAPE. This evidently was causing a short when I
hit a bump a certain way and knocked out many (all?) of the instruments
you're talking about. I also noticed my radio shutting off intermittently as
the first sign of trouble.

Monte Morris, Kahoka, MO
          79B, Carmine
          67B, BRG with dreamy suspension