Re: MGA Coupe Racer

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA Coupe Racer
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:53:42 EDT
In a message dated 23/08/02 2:16:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> By the way, in case anyone is wondering.  I'm thinking I am going to
> turn my MGA coupe into a vintage race car.

Larry - the only problem with coupes is that they are heavier (and therefor
slower) and you can't take all that much out of them.

Otherwise they do look nice, and were the car of choice for long distance
racing, particularly in Old Blighty where rain was often present on race day.

I have always wanted to race to go fast, so I have hard time understanding
people that have other priorities - those who race MGB GTs for instance, but
I never complain - the more people out there in cars that are slower than
they need to be, the better!!

Bill
(whose race car used to be under 1800 lbs. when it was running a pushrod)