Re: Websites

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Websites
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 18:06:59 EDT
In a message dated 23/08/02 2:16:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Always question (heavily) a heavily political web site's statements,
> they are just trying to get your vote, noting else matters to them.

80% of websites are trying to sell you something or otherwise part you from
your money - what they say is always suspect.

Another 10% are trying to convert you to their way of thinking (political,
religious, whatever). In many ways this is even scarier than the guys trying
to sell you something for money.

Maybe 10% are informational and interest oriented, like this list, or are
simply the cyber-children of people that think having a web-presence
documenting their lives and interests ("Want to see a picture of little
Johnie, or Rover?" - a resounding NO! in my book) is somehow a good thing to
do, although they'd never have taken out space on a billboard to do the same
thing, prior to the advent of cyberspace.

Anyone that fails to treat the web and everything said on it without a grain
and a half of NaCl falls into the category that PT Barnum said were being
born every minute.......

IMHO, of course.

Bill
(remember Hill Street Blues - "Be careful out there!")