Re: Websites

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Websites
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 11:52:30 -0400
As a result of my articles in a computer magazine I now critique web sites
for a small fee.  I have improved several sites - one in particular that
resulted in their sales tripled after they made changes I suggested.  But
enough of the plugs (pun intended).  I find that approx 60% of
organisations do not know what their web site is meant to be giving
them.  Promotion, sales, reference data, enquiries, or because the
neighbour has one!!!!

At 06:06 PM 8/23/02 -0400, WSpohn4@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 23/08/02 2:16:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:
>

> > Always question (heavily) a heavily political web site's statements,
> > they are just trying to get your vote, noting else matters to them.
> >

>80% of websites are trying to sell you something or otherwise part you from
>your money - what they say is always suspect.
>
>Another 10% are trying to convert you to their way of thinking (political,
>religious, whatever). In many ways this is even scarier than the guys trying
>to sell you something for money.
>
>Maybe 10% are informational and interest oriented, like this list, or are
>simply the cyber-children of people that think having a web-presence
>documenting their lives and interests ("Want to see a picture of little
>Johnie, or Rover?" - a resounding NO! in my book) is somehow a good thing to
>do, although they'd never have taken out space on a billboard to do the same
>thing, prior to the advent of cyberspace.
>
>Anyone that fails to treat the web and everything said on it without a grain
>and a half of NaCl falls into the category that PT Barnum said were being
>born every minute.......
>
>IMHO, of course.
>
>Bill
>(remember Hill Street Blues - "Be careful out there!")

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson - barrier@bconnex.net