Re: The 'Shocking' Saga Continues - but I've 'Rebounded'....

To: d_dibiase@yahoo.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The 'Shocking' Saga Continues - but I've 'Rebounded'....
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 10:19:28 EDT
In a message dated 08/24/2002 5:32:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
d_dibiase@yahoo.com writes:

> .... (I know we
> recently discussed which brush to use to clean small parts; did we discuss
> an actual cleaner??)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

A cheap and effective parts cleaner is odorless paint thinner.  Mix in a bit
of motor oil and it will protect the cleaned parts after the thinner
evaporates.  If you don't have a parts washer, put the parts in a bucket or
wash tub.  It helps to have a stand in the tub that you can rest the part on
while you scrub and rinse, rather than scrubbing under the cleaner where you
can't see anything.

You can also use Brakleen (I can never remember how to spel that!) after you
get the majority of gunk off the shock.  The spray cleans in the little nooks
and crannies.

Good luck,

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward