surging

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: surging
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 14:02:32 -0500
It's a beautiful afternoon here in Missouri and we are going for a cruise in
the 67.

Our 79B with ZS carb seems like it is "surging" a little while driving. Not
very noticably, but I'm pretty sure it is. The carb has been adjusted to as
lean as it will go and the car seems to run fine-will do at least 80mph (more
if I'd let it) and doesn't ping or cut out. I set the valve clearance last
January and set it wrong (at .015) and have been driving it since April this
way. I just reset it to .014 hot, but it has seemed to surge for a long time.
Any ideas?

Monte Morris, Kahoka, MO
          79B, Carmine
          67B, BRG with dreamy suspension