Re: surging

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Subject: Re: surging
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 18:56:20 -0700
I'd be willing to bet that your EGR valve is failing. Try unbolting it and
replacing the original gasket with one made from a solid piece of thick
gasket material, available from your local auto parts store. Cut no holes in
the new one except for the two bolts that attach the EGR valve to the
manifold.  Yes, someone will probably tell you you could just disconnect the
hose to the EGR valve but, if the valve is physically cracked on its base (a
very common problem) this will not solve the surging problem.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center