Re: Axle tramp

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Axle tramp
From: Chris Thompson <chris-mg@cthompson.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 14:07:07 -0400
Max Heim (mvheim@studiolimage.com) wrote:
> I have to admit this sounded unlikely to me. There was an article in a
> British mag about an IRS conversion, but it wasn't Jaguar-based (that I
> recall), at least not entirely. I have the article on my old computer if
> anyone is seriously interested.

There used to be a British company called "Trevor Taylor Conversions" that
sold both an independant rear and a completely new front suspension system,
aimed at people running V8's, their main focus.

I saw it in some magazine, and went to find it on their site. The rear was
a completely new, from scratch, setup designed to bolt up directly into an
MGB, and take the Diff from some small british car.

The reviewer in the magazine drove an MGB GT with a 4.6L v8 conversion and
both the front and rear setups from Trevor Taylor. He remarked at how
incredibly well it handled the power, and stuck to the road like glue.

Converting pounds sterling to USD at the time (well over a year ago), I
think it would have been well over $2000, and that doesnt include getting
it from .uk to .us.

I had visited the trevortaylor.co.uk site a few months ago, and noticed
that the site had been replaced with a paragraph announcing Taylor's death.
When I go there now, the site is entirely gone.

Chris Thompson
1974 MGB Chrome Bumper Roadster