More data than you can poke a stick at (was Re: Engine Number)

Subject: More data than you can poke a stick at (was Re: Engine Number)
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 23:30:31 +0930
Eric wrote:

> http://www.mgcars.org.uk/namgbr/identify.htm

People send me off Googling and I end up going to work unshaven and with
no sleep!

Ain't the 'Net marvelous.

Skye's site is fantastic and all of the other member sites are great in
their own ways with tips, hints, techniques and info... then you search
and find MORE.

Like this Japanese site.  It actually seems like the site proper has
gone when you try to go back to what is stated as the original root
directory but many pages are still there and being indexed by search
engines - and maybe being referenced from other sources.

Yes, most is in English so it is a really interesting few pages:

http://www.zeke.ne.jp/~glitter/main/html/mgb/mgbdata/MGBdata1.html
http://www.zeke.ne.jp/~glitter/main/html/mgb/mgbdata/MGBdata2.html
http://www.zeke.ne.jp/~glitter/main/html/mgb/mgbdata/MGB_Spec.html

and keep hitting those links for more!

Yep, the data is not NEW but it is always great to re-read it again when
it is freshly assembled in new ways/groupings etc.  You suddenly spot
stuff you knew and forgot or maybe never realised in the first place.
And it is easier to search through than a print manual!

Sorry for the enthusiasm - it has been a long year :-)

Now, back to Google.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

"Nothing overshadows truth so completely as authority"
ALBERTI