Re: What would you drive?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What would you drive?
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 01:59:17 +0930
Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/29/02 11:54:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> chris-mg@cthompson.com writes:
>
> > Myself, I was surprised to find that I had simple tastes. I can't fathom
> > buying some new super expensive car.
> >
> > I'm thinking an older XKE for the summer. Or perhaps a Healey 3000.
>
> I'd like a brand new Z-06 Corvette for a daily driver, but a real Cobra would
> also live in my garage, along with various LBCs, both Large and Little.  How
> about a night on the town in your new Bentley, then a drive in your XK140 to
> Indy for the F1 race?  I would probably collect as many 1967 cars as I could.
>  A '67 Corvette convertible is an all time fav.

Shame!

I would finish up the engine job - and then do the full body job - on my
Primrose and driver her!

For a car that I was meant to only have for 12 months I have fallen in
love with my little car and get immense amounts of pleasure driving her
top-down in all weather conditions (with everyone staring at me in the
pouring rain like I am a mad-man).

I am serious!  This is the first car I have a crush on and although I
might get myself my S2000 or my McLaren to have a bit of a thrash in, I
can't see myself cruising daily in anything else than my Primrose - just
tarted up a little more (and the car too).

When the maximum speed limits around here are 65mph and they are going
to change most non-arterial road limits to 30mph, who needs grunt!

I wouldn't my 'B daily now if I didn't like her.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

"Nothing overshadows truth so completely as authority"
ALBERTI