RE: Running roughly and blowing blue smoke....

To: "MG genius list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Running roughly and blowing blue smoke....
From: "Tony Sheehan" <multitech@cairns.net.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:25:22 +1000
Ok, I've had a chance to take out the sparking plugs and perform a
compression test.  Plugs from cylinder 1 & 2 looked normal, 3 & 4 looked a
little oily (but not badly).  Cylinder 2 pressure tested to around 60psi,
all the others tested to 155ish.

I'm thinking a head gasket, or does that always mean water in the oil? (of
which there is none).  Can dodgy valves cause pressure drops?

Thanks,

Tony Sheehan.