electric fan switch

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: electric fan switch
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 10:14:15 -0500
I now have the drive shaft with new U-joints reinstalled on the 67B and will
test it out this PM.

Cooling Fan problem:

I have searched for an aftermarket, adjustable fan switch to replace a bad
(aftermarket) one that controls the fans in the 79B. No luck.
So I think I want to do as Jim Schulte suggested and wire the fans so they run
all the time the car is on. I bought a 20 amp, 2 circuit toggle switch that
has a place for three wires (it says ON-OFF-ON) that I'd like to wire to the
fans so I can turn them off if I want. I think I also have an extra
starter/ignition relay sitting around. How do I wire this? I have a parts car
that I can rob of the correct color wires. Please explain s--l--o--w--l--y
since I'm a greenhorn at this:-). If I need to put another relay in, I will
definitely need SLOW explanation due to the 4 or 5 wires that go to it.
BTW, I have looked at Paul's electric cooling fan site and have printed off
the diagram, but I still don't understand how I can wire this up; not due to
Paul's explanation of fans but wiring, but due to my ignorance of the
subject.
Thanks,

Monte