Re: What is this thing? (On ebay...)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What is this thing? (On ebay...)
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 02:01:03 -0500
Before Arkansas went techno with its drivers licenses with bar codes, anti
fake id stuff, optional thumb prints, etc., they used to list the various
restrictions on the back.  One of the restrictions was having a knob on the
steering wheel.  I assume that if a person had one arm, they would get the
restriction of actually needing a knob.  Like someone mentioned, this was
likely really only handy before decent rack and pinion and power steering
came along.

Recently, at a car show, i saw one on a 50's model Chevy (I can't tell the
difference) that had a nudie picture instead of a logo.  Now THAT is the
epitome of what I like to call "fuzzy dice logic".

Kevin Smith
'68 MGB Roadster (under restoration)
'72 MGB Roadster (rust growth experiment)