Re: To Stripe or not to Stripe

Subject: Re: To Stripe or not to Stripe
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 03:54:26 +0930
Ross Bateman wrote:

> I saw an image of an MGB over the weekend that has got me thinking.
>
> It was a BRG car with a white stripe going front to back on the passenger
> side of the car. There were fine pin stripes on each side of the thick
> stripe.

Was it like the LE type stripe down along the bottom of the bodywork
(and was it only on one side of the car or is it that you could only see
the passenger side :-)?

Oh yeah speaking of stripes, apart from on racing cars I am not a big
fan of "skunk stripes" on most cars (except maybe the odd REAL Cobra)
but the paint job on the car in this photo has grown on me.  I hated it
when I first saw it (nice wheels, too):

http://www.mgsales.com.au/mikev8.html

I haven't seen it out at the track in ages, though.  It was very quick
when it was there.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

"Nothing overshadows truth so completely as authority"
ALBERTI