Re: Hobby in decline?

To: mga <mga@napanet.net>
Subject: Re: Hobby in decline?
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 14:55:44 -0400
What??  When my MG was obviously down for the summer (last summer), and I
had to dump my Saab sedan (a 9000) because it didn't have long to live, I
decided to get a used Saab 900S convertible - great shape, half the price
of a new one, but only 26,000 miles.  That thing drives
great!  Comfortable, real heat, electronic power convertible roof, and I
don't feel vulnerable to every large vehicle that comes along.  Roof goes
up in seconds, it's snug and luxurious.

This summer, my MG is on the road, and I have only driven the Saab if (1)
it's raining/cold, or (2) I have more than one passenger.  Other than that,
I have passed up my wonderful "modern" Saab convertible to drive my MG
everywhere.  I can't even stand the thought of having to get in the Saab if
I could be driving my MG.

That said, I've never driven a Miata, but if I had a choice between my MG
and a Miata, the MG would win whenever possible.  Miatas are a dime a
dozen, though there is something to be said for having a car that you don't
feel compelled to carry around a cell phone and a fire extinguisher in
order to drive it. :)

- Tab
'78 B
'96 Saab 900S Convertible