Re: Cooliong question and thanks

To: "Phil" <jello@ida.net>
Subject: Re: Cooliong question and thanks
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 18:53:01 -0500
Phil:

Make sure you're not overfilling the radiator. Radiators aren't supposed to
be filled to the neck. (See your owners manual for the proper level.) Even
overflow tanks will overflow, if you fill them to the top. I still think the
only purpose of overflow tanks, is to put the fill line in your face. The
EPA doesn't want you to spill any coolant.

I only mention this because I used to fill the radiator to the brim. I would
then worry about a leak after finding a puddle at my first couple stops. It
took me a while to catch on.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470