Re: dash light reostat

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: dash light reostat
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 13:44:40 -0700
Word on the street is proot@attbi.com said:
> Hi all,
>   I remember a few months back that there was
> talk about the dimmer switch for the dash lights.
> Mine has been fussy for the entire time I've had it
> and apparently, gave up the ghost last night.
>
>   It's tie wrapped to the cross brace under the dash, as
> the choke is put in it's place.

Oh, you have a 77... I was trying to imagine the metal fascia with
the choke knob between the gauges :)

>   Am I right in thinking that I can rig a connector to
> connect these wires together directly. Since the reostat
> only really does off all the way up to dim anyway, who
> needs it?

Yes.  Alternatively, you can just move one of the connectors to the same
side as the other connector, which does the same thing.  On my rheostat,
anyway, there are two spade connectors on each side.  Saves having to
bodge something up.  And you know where to find the rheo if you ever
decide to fix it.

Skye

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   www.mgbexperience.com   (_o____o_)