Re: HELP Off topic - Wordview takes over

To: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Subject: Re: HELP Off topic - Wordview takes over
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 11:55:59 -0500
Barrie:

Yes it was me.  I suggested using it to try fixing your icon
and program associations.  If you haven't tried it yet, be
sure to back up the registry before you do.  I've never had
any problems with TweakUi, but you never know.  TweakUi is
from Microsoft, but the download source I gave isn't.  I
have problems finding material at Microsoft.

*******************

Download TweakUi from:
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/tweakui

Install it using the "add/remove programs" in the control
panel.  I believe it needs to be installed in a folder
that's in the computer's path.  Once installed, you access
from the control panel window.  This is a neat little progam
which allows you to add or delete desktop icons & other
little tricks.  There's a section called repair which will
sometimes repair associations and icons.  It's worth a try.

--
Blake
MG TD