Re: Rover V8

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rover V8
From: Mowog1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:06:24 EDT
In a message dated 9/4/02 11:48:50 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> From: "Tartan 69' MGC GT" <kriegerii@yahoo.com>
> Subject: MG RV8
>
> The RV8 would be my choice for another MG, although
> they have rust problems too, love the car, and will
> buy one eventually.  The Rover engine is not the best
> choice for a V8, a light weight american V8, Buick or
> that generation are great just not for the purists.
> I have my own likes, the C being high on the list, and
> my dream.

Uh...I don't quite understand this statement. Ken Costello (and the factory)
used the Buick 215 back in the '70's. The newer Rovers are simply updated
versions of that original block. I personally chose the Rover 3.9 litre for
my conversion.

True..purists do not appreciate the "adulteration" that is required in
transforming the four banger to eight....but then, it's my car. My MGC is
damn near stock. My B Tourer has been upgraded to dual SU's from the single
Stromberg. My GT is truly a spurious MGB.

Cheers!

rick ingram
past Chairman - NAMGBR
past Concours Coordinator - NAMGBR