Re: Question about rear damper links...

To: "Wil Boucher" <william@greenmgb.com>, "'MG list'"
Subject: Re: Question about rear damper links...
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 13:42:46 -0600
At 11:35 PM 9/4/2002 -0700, Wil Boucher wrote:

>Instinct tells me this is bad (my instincts have been wrong before),
>because it would cause stress on the bush at the top of the link, and
>not really get the full effect of the damping. Shouldn't this bolt be
>fixed in the ball so it doesn't move?

If the bolt was fixed, it would make it too easy to remove the link. Thus,
I have yet to see one that didn't turn unless it was new. In one case, I
had to split the nut to get it off. But in all other cases, I used a
smaller pair of vice grips to grab the round part just outside the ball so
I could hold it in place enough to remove the nut.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B