RE: steering column cover removal; 77B

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: steering column cover removal; 77B
From: "J.R. Leach" <leachsr@idirect.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 21:18:04 -0400
Tom,
Do yourself a favour and drop the steering column by removing the 3 bolts
that hold the column to the bottom of the dash.
Then check both sides of the cover. You are looking for 4 Phillips head
screws ( May be Posidrives), one on each side closest to the dash and an
upper and lower bolt closest to the wheel. I'm not sure which side  the
heads are on these.
The screws closest to the dash  thread into  threaded metal brackets on each
side of the column.
The screws closest to the steering wheel thread into metal inserts in the
opposite side of the cover.
HTH
Jim L
77 RBB