Re: Early OD internal problems

To: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Early OD internal problems
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 20:22:45 -0500
  For pete's sake, Max, he said it shifts out and back into OD as the
speed increases, making the car buck.  His question is, what might be
making it disengage and then re-engage?  Get off his case and try to say
something constructive.  I routinely engage my OD at 45 mph on flat
terrain.

  Carl, presuming there's no resistance or an intermittent open circuit
in the wiring to the solenoid that's making it deactivate, it sounds
like the oil pressure in the OD may be fluctuating.  Have you cleaned
the filter and put in clean oil?

  Cheers,

   CR