Re: overheating-and of course another question.

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, "Larry Hoy"
Subject: Re: overheating-and of course another question.
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 14:01:30 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
To: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>; "British Sportscar Center"
<Lawrie@britcars.com>; "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com>; "Bob Howard"
<mgbob@juno.com>; "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2002 9:11 PM
Subject: overheating-and of course another question.

> ...I checked the fan direction (no
> matter which way I hooked the wires up from the switch it still ran
> counterclockwise, which should be the correct direction)

You need to confirm that the blades are the right way round as well, the
thick edge should be leading and the thin trailing, just like on a wing.

>  The temp gauge
> climbs past normal- about halfway between there and hot- when the car is
> driven for the first 10 minutes or so, then settles back down to normal.

This is also 'normal'.  Both my cars rise above N then oscillatate slightly
about N during warmup, this is simply the thermostat opening initially, then
closing slightly as the cold air from the rad hits the engine etc until the
whole of the coolant is up to temp.