RE: Fog Lamp

To: "'WLHoss@aol.com'" <WLHoss@aol.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Fog Lamp
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 08:38:15 -0700
Bill:

I asked this same question of my Uncle in foggy Newcastle many years ago
when I was a small pup.

He ran a fog lamp on the road center side of the car for general
illumination of the full lane.

He also ran a spot lamp on the curbside aimed low and to the side that shone
under the fog and illuminated the verge, so he could keep on the correct
side of the road.

The spot lamp was used in much the same way that a blind man would use a
cane, to tap along the roadside.

This from a man who drove a Cortina in very thick seaside fog.

anyone with any other ideas?

Kelvin