Re: Fog Lamp

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fog Lamp
From: Steve Morris <MGA1500@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:38:07 -0400
On 9/10/02 11:18 AM, WLHoss@aol.com  <WLHoss@aol.com> wrote:

>We had a small amount of fog this morning here in St. Louis and that got me
>to thinking about the single fog lamp on my MGA.  Out of curiosity, where is
>it supposed to be aimed?  At the moment it is just sort of pointed "out
>there."  Also, on which side should it be on a LHD car?  The wiring harness
>seems to want it on the curb side, but that would be the road side on a
>British RHD car.  Or does it really matter..........

For the early MGAs with only one fog lamp and no relay (as opposed to
those imported into the US late in '58 and beyond, which would be fitted
with two fog lamps and a relay), the fog lamp would be mounted on the off
side. For driving on the right side of the road, that would be mounted on
the right bumper bracket. For UK, Oz, Japan, and wherever else you drive
on the left side of the road, the fog lamp would be mounted on the left
bumper bracket.

Mine is aimed 'out there", too (and can be seen in the second photo on
the page, below.)

Steve

Steve Morris     Avon, Ohio
1958 MGA 1500    Red/Black