Re: MGF mid-engine or not? / Stylish or not ?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGF mid-engine or not? / Stylish or not ?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:00:51 -0700
I guess we have our cranky pants on today? <bg>

Actually, I never get to drive modern cars, so I don't have much of an
opinion, except to say that I really don't care to see these small-diameter,
fat-rim wheels retrofitted to MGBs, MGAs, Spridgets, etc. To me that says,
"I'm 17 years old, this is my first car, and this is the first accessory I
bought". I guess that sounds like ageism, so I suppose you can put me down
as an OF...

For actual race cars, I suppose a smaller diameter wheel might be justified;
but most of these cars are involved in vintage racing now, and to my mind
that includes period fittings (not carbon fiber dash panels, etc.). IMHO

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149