Re: Am I crazy or what?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Am I crazy or what?
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:07:02 EDT
In a message dated 11/09/02 10:54:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Question:
>
> If you were going to install wire wheels on your car.  Would you prefer 2
> eared knockoffs, or octagonal knockoffs?
>
> Would your preference depend on what was original for your year of car?

You probaby are crazy, but what the heck - the eared knock-offs look better
and are easier to use, IMHO. No stupid wrench to futz around with.

Some of the guys on my Lamborghini group are dead set on finding the
non-federalised eared knock-offs for their post-68 models - the last set that
was on e-bay ended (unsold!) at over $2000. Glad my car came with them, as I
sure wouldn't be switching at that cost! All my MGs have eared knock-offs,
including the 69 MGC which I 'retrofitted'.

Bill