Auto-hand-grenade

To: <classic-mustangs@mix.twistedpair.ca>, <vSAAB@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Auto-hand-grenade
From: "Rick Lindsay" <ROLindsay@Emeraldgrc.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 07:50:57 -0500
Hello Friends,
   A few nights ago, our '66 Mustang coupe' 'dropped a valve'
at just 2000rpm thereby converting itself from a V8 to a V7.
The silvery 'dust' that you see in these pictures is what is left of
the piston that used to be in cylinder number 2!  :-o  The rest
is in the oil pan.  If this can happen at 2000rpm just imagine
what it must look like when a Formula One car detonates at
18,000rpm!!!
   This can happen to any car, not just a Mustang.  That is why
I am x-posting these picture-links to my friends.  I hope you
find them interesting.  They may make you a little queasy.  The
event certainly made my wallet feel a little lighter.  Enjoy! ;-\

http://www.stoolhead.com/mustang/11Sept02-13.jpg
http://www.stoolhead.com/mustang/11Sept02-14.jpg

Rick
"There has never been a war where God was not on BOTH sides."