MGA Grilles - "Un-MKII-able"?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA Grilles - "Un-MKII-able"?
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:44:21 -0700 (PDT)
I've heard a rumor that it's possible to create a 1500/1600
grille from a MKII grille by simply removing the "box" piece
between the frame and the slats, and bolting the slats to the
frame a'la the pre-MKII grilles.  My grille (an OEM MKII unit
added by a PO sometime in the 60s) is inaccessible right now so
I can't test this myself.  Does anybody here know if this change
can be done?  Seems much preferable to a plastic grille.

--
David Breneman                   | "Before there were CDs there were
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst  |  records, and before there were