Re: Am I crazy or what?

To: doddk@mossmotors.com
Subject: Re: Am I crazy or what?
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 11:06:13 -0700 (PDT)
Dodd, Kelvin SEZ -
> Question:
>
> If you were going to install wire wheels on your car.  Would you prefer 2
> eared knockoffs, or octagonal knockoffs?
>
> Would your preference depend on what was original for your year of car?

I consider myself a "reasonable purist".  For instance, my MGA 1500
I'm restoring has a 5-bearing MGB engine in it.  The PO put it in,
and I don't have a 1500 engine to replace it with, so for now I'm
sanguine about keeping it.  So that said, I'd stick with what's
original.  I'm of the mind that these cars are historic artifiacts
as well as personal fun, and that the two aren't mutually exclusive.
In fact, I think the ability to experience something as people did
in the past is attractive in and of itself.

- Dave

1984 AT&T 3B2 Minicomputer
1968 Ericofon
1958 MGA
1948 Seeburg M100A jukebox
1923 Victrola
1906 Edison Standard Phonograph

--
David Breneman                   | "Before there were CDs there were
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst  |  records, and before there were