Wow, thanks list, and thanks Larry!

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wow, thanks list, and thanks Larry!
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 21:58:56 -0600
I finished replacing my worn out hubs and wire wheels today.  Wow, what
a difference.  I don't know if it was more the alloy wheels in place of
the wires, or the hubs, but the difference is amazing!  I thought the
play in the steering was due to wear.  These allow wheels on the new
hubs are incredibly different than the old wires.  The steering is
tight and the play is gone.

All of the odd little noises the worn hubs were making are gone too.
What a difference.

Thanks for all of your advice listers!

And thank you Larry Hoy for providing me with my missing cone.  He had
one on his spare axle he loaned me.  Turns out the local shop I was
headed to didn't have one on site, but Larry loaned me his to save me
the drive.  Turns out he saved me the day and probably the car show
this weekend!  (The Colorado Conclave is this weekend.)

Don't know if I will ever go back to wires if the alloys are what made
the difference!

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@byu.net