Re: Wow, thanks list, and thanks Larry!

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wow, thanks list, and thanks Larry!
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 10:27:13 -0700
I'm glad that worked out, but I would suggest that the apparent major
improvement is due chiefly to the difference between new and
correctly-fitted hubs, and worn and incorrectly-fitted hubs; and between new
alloy wheels and out-of-true wires.

I submit that new wire wheels with new hubs would also have been a dramatic
improvement. As a corollary, I do not doubt that many owners would find
similar improvements by renewing their wheels and hubs, either way. It's
just the nature of the beasts -- the wire wheels require frequent
maintenance or deterioration sets in. I can't blame anyone for coming to the
conclusion that they are better off without them.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149