Bob's next OD problem

To: Mgbbob@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bob's next OD problem
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:24:17 -0700 (PDT)
over the last five years I will confess to backing up in OD 2-3 times. In each
case I do not believe anything happened to the unit as it continued to work
fine. We did check and confirmed the lock out switch for the od was working
during one of our many diagnostic sessions. That is probably what saved me from
myself. Good luck Bob, hope this is as easy to fix as trying find you car keys
in the paddock ;-)
Carl
 Mgbbob@aol.
My overdrive worked great, but I just blew it last Friday. Seems in my
absentmindedness I forgot to take it out of OD when I pulled into the coffee
shop. When I put the car into reverse and backed up I noticed the switch.
When I drove around the block to test it out, mine did what yours is
doing,...surging. After a couple of tries, I got smoke in the cockpit. I've
disconnected it for now.
I think you may have a what I experienced...a bad unidirectional clutch. I
possibly have the additional problem of a burned clutch member.
Yahoo! News - Today's headlines