Re: Early OD internal problems

To: Mgbbob@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Early OD internal problems
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:15:31 -0700 (PDT)
I just got back from my mechanics (just now). What we did, after replacing the
solenoid last week and finding the problem to arise as the speed of the car
rose was to take out the pressure relief valve and the filter and bolw each
area out, clean and refill the trans. We did note some small bits of rubber
near the filter.
Here is a problem we encountered and we are looking to the list for any tips.
We were unable to remove the oil pump from the case. We used an air wrench set
up to 180 pounds and it did not budge the bolt. on either the rear drain or the
pump, the bolt holding the relief valve barely came out. Any ideas on what to
do? We did not want to hook up a breaker bar and pipe as we worried that it
could take the threads with it when it came and we did not want to use heat as
we were afraid that the heat would damage the unit and or also take out the
aluminum threads. Any help out there.
Now, for the preliminary update; on the way home I was able to find three short
areas where I was able to "go for throttle up" and got up to 65/70 with no
problems at all! Maybe the relief valve was sticking on some small bit or two
and we cleaned it out, dunno for sure but I am keeping my fingers and toes
crossed just in case. We have the long drive up I-89 to Stowe next Thursday and
O/D would be SO nice.
Carl
 Mgbbob@aol.com wrote:Hi Carl,
Did you ever get a consensus on your early OD problem.
I rebuilt my early OD tranny AND engine last winter and swapped out power
plants in June.
Yahoo! News - Today's headlines